Goggle Doc: Shamrock Key Signature Cards
Shamrock Key Signature Cards
1. The dealer shuffles the cards and deals out all the cards to the players. It doesn’t matter if they don’t come out evenly.
2. Each player picks up his cards and holds them so that other players cannot see them. Players may want to organize their cards so that like notes are together.
3. Next, players take out of their hands any pairs they have. For example, if a player has two A's, the player takes that pair out. All the pairs from all the players’ hands go into a pile, face down, in the center of the table. However, if a player has, for example, three C's, he can only put down the pair. Depending on the level, pairs do not have to be the exact same note. For instance you can have a Middle C and a Bass C be a pair.
4. The player to the left of the dealer (Joel) spreads out his hand, face down, on the table. The player to his left (Amy) picks up one of those cards. If she can make a pair by using that card, she removes the pair and puts it in the pile at the center of the table. Otherwise, Amy just keeps that card.
5. Now, Amy spreads her cards on the table, face down, so that the player to her left can pick up one card out of her hand.